Monday, September 28, 2026

9/28/26 PRECIOUS MEMORIES

9/28/26 PRECIOUS MEMORIES

(there is a video, even if you only see a black screen)

I come across old videos of me interacting with my grandchildren. I spent a lot of time with them, on the beach, riding a golf cart and singing as we moved through our neighborhoods, playing Racquetball and Pickleball and Basketball and backyard games, playing board games and guessing games and action games in our homes, kayaking, fishing, net casting, eating (at home and at restaurants), parties, family and group gatherings, church services, touring, sitting with them during times in the hospital and a ton of other activities.

Sometimes I watched (baby sat) some of them when they were very young. We had great times together. I would read stories, make up stories, act out stories with different character voices, play "pretend," make up games, teach a wide variety of ideas in a fun and easy way to understand, ask them questions, get them to make up stories, sing songs laugh and love and of course, Martha and I would share Biblical truth, seeking to instill the importance of salvation and family life.

I speak for Martha (the best grandmother any one every had), as well as for myself, when I say that we still love them and we never changed from the time we used to hold them, play with them, sing with them, root for them on the playing fields, sing in church, and have talks about Jesus. This video is one of the many times that we spent time with them, in Tennessee, South Carolina, and North Carolina (the Santa Clause comment was only for fun). I made lots of really good videos, but the depth of love and great fun we had together cannot be captured by a camera. Sadly, it is possible to lose, to forget, to be robbed of a deep and meaningful relationship.

We loved our grandchildren and loved being with them. We looked forward to a growing relationship as they grew up and we grew old. No Granddad (Pappy or Pap Pap), or Mamaw ever loved or had more fun with their grands than we did

As important as a loving and supporting family is, there is nothing more important than family ties that join us in a right relationship with Jesus. We hope our grands never really forget us, and we hope they remember us for who we were, and realize we never changed through all the years, but most of all, we hope they remember the Biblical truths we tried to impart to them.

10/19/26 VOTE FOR AMERICA, NOT AGAINST U.S.

10/19/26 VOTE FOR AMERICA, NOT AGAINST U.S. I am exceedingly glad to be an American. I remember when America was America. We may never see A...