Saturday, September 26, 2026

9/26/26 WITNESSING WITH A SPANISH FLAVOR

9/26/26 WITNESSING WITH A SPANISH FLAVOR

I had the opportunity to reconnect with an Hispanic lady Martha and I use to see from time to time. I greeted her and she was immediately cordial. She said she had seen Martha in the store but was unable to talk to her at that time.

We updated each other concerning our lives. She had to close her restaurant because she could not get people to work. That is sad on three levels. 1- There are plenty of young people who need to be working. 2- You would think that there would be an overload of Hispanics in the area who would want a job. 3- The Government actually pays for the hiring of former convicts to work in certain fields. Yet a legitimate business is still unable to get workers. Now she stays home.

I asked her about her relationship with Jesus. I have a special interest because I have always wanted to have a ministry to Hispanic people. I gave her a couple of Gospel tracts and talked to her about her relationship with Jesus.
I encouraged her to contact me if she ever wanted to talk about being a Christian. As I almost always do, I told her that Martha and I would be glad to come to her home and talk to her family about the Bible. In fact, I told her we could have a home Bible study if she is interested. I also let her know that we would love to have her come to our services in Williston.

Earlier, Martha and I had gotten lunch at Beaufort. As we were headed into the restaurant, I saw two Hispanic men getting into their work truck. I approached the driver's side and engaged him in a conversation. He actually spoke very little English, but I gave the two men each, two kinds of Gospel tracts in Spanish.

Today I went fishing for a little while. It wasn't really a good time to catch fish, but it is always a good time to fish. Eventually another man (also Hispanic, from upstate) came down to the sea wall and started to fish. It wasn't long before we were involved in some very good and edifying conversation. He is also a pastor, from the Raleigh area. We talked about Scripture, full salvation and evangelism, among other things. We also talked about the dangers of the 501-C3. I pointed out the advantage of not being a State registered church. As we were closing our conversation, I talked to him about the importance of the local church providing in-depth Bible and Ministry training of young men. He had actually started a Ministry Training Institute in his church several years ago, but the Covid problem shut it down. I emphasized the importance of restarting the work and building ministers in his own congregation (as well as young men from other churches near his church ministry), preparing them to go out and pastor satellite churches he was hoping to start.

As some of you have read from me in the past, I have wanted to have an Hispanic outreach for the many folks that are moving into the area. They need the message in their own language, and they need to have a trained leadership, which I could help provide.

I always hope to lead some Spanish speaking people to the Lord and train them in the ministry, so that they will go out and start churches preaching the same great news we have at The Net House.

I actually would love to have an active Bible and Ministry Institute again, as we did in Morehead a few decades ago. I would love to train serious young men, who are filled with fire and hungry for truth. The world is waiting for young men to charge the gates of hell and set free those who are in bondage to sin.

As I told my fellow pastor today, there is no time for Christians to be playing games.

10/19/26 VOTE FOR AMERICA, NOT AGAINST U.S.

10/19/26 VOTE FOR AMERICA, NOT AGAINST U.S. I am exceedingly glad to be an American. I remember when America was America. We may never see A...