Friday, August 28, 2026

8/28/26 LET'S HELP EACH OTHER

8/28/26 LET'S HELP EACH OTHER

Occasionally, I meet people who refer back to a moment in their life when they had a definite realization that Christ died for their sins, and they confessed their faith that Jesus died and rose again from the dead, to forgive them. Sadly, I don't meet as many of those folks as I use to, because fewer folks have actually been hearing the message of salvation and tuning from their sins.

Sometimes those folks have an emotional contact with their memory. I ask them how their relationship with Jesus is now. Usually they sink back into reflection and quietly say that it is not what it use to be, or they are not where they should be. They sense guilt and self-disappointment.

I try to point out that God also wants a closer relationship with them, but it is up to them to humbly seek God's mercy and recommit their life to Christ. Remember, Jesus made it clear in His teaching that a right relationship with Him means that we will deny ourselves, take up our cross daily and follow Him. It takes surrender and faith.

I share truths with them, hoping they will face up to their need to turn from sin and fully trust Christ. If they are not ready to move forward at that time, I encourage them to seek Jesus because He has been pursuing them. I usually give them my card, telling them to call me with questions.

Get out there and maybe God will use you to finish up what I told someone. Who knows? Maybe someday I will meet someone you have been witnessing to. You never know.

8/31/26 AVOID THE PITFALLS

8/31/26 AVOID THE PITFALLS Walk in the light of revelation, don't grope the obscure.