The moral standards of God are unreachable by fallen man, but for those who are believing and following Jesus as Lord and Savior, God's will is welcomed and livable because they are Divinely transformed and indwelt by the enabling and abiding presence and power of the Holy Spirit.
Remember, it is not a matter of being the best we can be; it is a matter of Christ in us, which comes through faith, submission, love and self-denial.
Now, keep this in mind as you read the first 8 verses of Psalm 119. This is just a glimpse of what God reveals in this Psalm. God transforms, any willing person, into the person He wants them to be.
Psalm 119:1-8 KJV
1 ALEPH. Blessed are the undefiled in the way, who walk in the law of the LORD.
2 Blessed are they that keep his testimonies, and that seek him with the whole heart.
3 They also do no iniquity: they walk in his ways.
4 Thou hast commanded us to keep thy precepts diligently.
5 O that my ways were directed to keep thy statutes!
6 Then shall I not be ashamed, when I have respect unto all thy commandments.
7 I will praise thee with uprightness of heart, when I shall have learned thy righteous judgments.
8 I will keep thy statutes: O forsake me not utterly.