Tuesday, August 4, 2026

8/04/26 BEYOND THE LABEL

8/04/26 BEYOND THE LABEL

I love good watermelon, especially an ice-cold Bogue Sound watermelon. I love the crunchy texture that turns into icy sweet refreshment that restores and invigorates, especially when I am overheated and dehydrated.

I realize there must be Bogue Sound watermelons that are not good, but when they are good, they are very, very good.

Not everyone or everything with the label, "Christian" is what they should be, but when they are following Christ, they add to your life and lead you into Christlikeness.

We need to look beyond the label, the surface, the packaging. We need to know the substance. Wolves come in sheep's clothing; the devil comes as an angel of light. Pied Pipers not only draw people after themselves they draw the gullible away from the truth.

Concerning the goodness of God, we are told to "Taste and see that the Lord is good." When someone asked Jesus for information about Himself, He said, "Come and see."

Don't be fooled by the smoke and mirrors of charlatans. Remember, a label can be put on anything, but the proof of salvation is in seen in their likeness to Christ.

8/31/26 AVOID THE PITFALLS

8/31/26 AVOID THE PITFALLS Walk in the light of revelation, don't grope the obscure.