This is a document I created as an introspection and as a testimony. I included this post in my message to my congregation this morning, telling them all Christians need to take a spiritual inventory, looking at their own strengths, weaknesses, failures, and successes. It should not only be a self-imposed inventory, but it should also be a cry for Divine help.
Psalms 139:23-24
23 Search me, O God, and know my heart: try me, and know my thoughts:
24 And see if there be any wicked way in me and lead me in the way everlasting.
We all need to see ourselves from God's point of view, and we need the continued work of salvation, which conforms us to the image of Jesus.
I am not a great preacher, but I do preach a great message.
I am not a great champion of the faith, but I do champion a great faith.
I am what I am (in any positive sense) by the grace of God, and I am also not what I would be (in any negative sense), by the grace of God.
I am not the most talented, skilled, or brightest minister, but I am called, enabled, and gifted by God's Holy Spirit to do that which He wants me to do, and woe is me if I preach not the gospel of Christ.
I am not a great champion of the faith, but I do champion a great faith.
I am what I am (in any positive sense) by the grace of God, and I am also not what I would be (in any negative sense), by the grace of God.
I am not the most talented, skilled, or brightest minister, but I am called, enabled, and gifted by God's Holy Spirit to do that which He wants me to do, and woe is me if I preach not the gospel of Christ.
I take God's commands, directives, and leading, seriously.
I take His corrections and His provisions personally.
Without Him I am without hope; I am worse than useless.
With Him I can overcome the world, resist temptation, walk in the light, do that which is pleasing in God's sight.
In Him I am more than a conqueror, and I can always triumph in Christ.
I need Him constantly in every area of my life, and I want to live every moment for Him.
I hope that when I walk out of a room or when I exit this vail of tears, people will remember me as a true and faithful follower of Jesus.
Of the many godly characteristics, which I want to demonstrate in this present evil world, two of the most important are LOVE and FAITH. These two realities are the essence of a believer. I am sure that folks will be able to find fault with me when I am gone, but I really hope they say, "he loved and trusted Jesus above all else."